Thursday, August 28, 2008

Setting Context

A little information about what's led me here: I'm a teacher without a class room. I have been washed out of the educational system because I was unwilling to subject myself to substitute teaching, (I tried spending a year teaching in Korea instead). As such, I was unable to weasel into a temporary job in a public school that would have earned me a gross amount of pressure, scrutiny and work that tenured teachers were unwilling to do. Failing to do this has seen the end of my two-year provisional license in Ohio, (I still have my Virginia license). I would have to return to a four-year institution and gain new credits to renew my provisional license. Instead, I am shifting career paths to help improve the system rather than continuing to endure it.

Exactly what form of improvement effort I will find myself in, I don't know. Learning about the system and finding a way to help is what this blog is about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, buddy! This system could use a few tweaks here and there. Go Obama!