Thursday, August 28, 2008

Unknown Classes

I have no idea what my classes starting next week will be like. The only thing certain is my gitty enthusiasm for my long-awaited return to studies. If the courses turn out to be easy, I fear I may nag my professors with questions and over-done assignments that I will surely burn the bridges I hope to build.

I have purchased the textbooks for my first batch of classes. They speak of high principles of government, which intrigues me, but the texts lack specifics. They stick to general, fluffy theory. I suppose it is the most logical thing to go over first. However, I'm anxious to master the application. I'm comfortable with talking and learning about theory; I want to be pushed to a place where I have to grow.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

4 comments:

TeacupKitten said...

Hi Dan,
Thought I'd check out your blog (posted on the GGU Intro). Interesting concept! I was curious to know what other courses you are taking besides EMPA 302?
TTYS,
Sherry
www.teacupkitten.blogspot.com

Dan ~ said...

I'm also in Prof. Britt's EMPA 300.

Thanks for stopping by!

TeacupKitten said...

Ahhh, I can see why you think this course of study is steeped in Theory! I think you will find the courses are very diverse - you will be studying law, HR, budgeting, research - all related to PA. Have fun!
Sherry
www.teacupkitten.blogspot.com

Dan ~ said...

Well I'm really happy to hear that. Have you found any particular course or instructor helpful?